Although the calender says April, here in New York we have been dealing with some summer-like weather. Temperatures have been hovering around the 85-90 degree mark over the past few days and will continue to do so until midweek. Don’t get me wrong, I will take this warmness any day over the winter chills we just experienced in the Northeast over the past couple of months. But I would much rather gradually switch from cold to hot throughout the calendar year. I mean last week I had on layers and this week I am walking around in flip-flops and a t-shirt. I may even go to the beach for my birthday this week!
With the summer just a few weeks away, now is the perfect time to plan that road trip (or plane trip since prices are so low these days) to one of the many summer music festivals around the country. Here is a list of seven heavy hitters that will be rocking and rolling over the next few months:
- Bama Jam: Enterprise, Alabama (June 4-6). The 3-day music and arts festival down south is not only a good time, but also most proceeds are going towards a good cause. Money raised during the event will help support the needs of the surrounding areas in Alabama. The headliners include Kid Rock, The Black Crowes, Taylor Swift, and G. Love & Special Sauce. For information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Bama Jam’s official website.
- Bonnaroo: Manchester, Tennessee (June 11-14). This lively4-day event is located in the lesser known town of Manchester, Tennessee (just one hour south of Nashville). The show will include an all-star line up, with performances by “The Boss” Bruce Springsteen, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and many more. For information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Bonnaroo’s official website.
- Rothbury: Rothbury, Michigan (July 2-5). This fairly new 3-day music festival is going to include performances by such legendary acts as Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson. Other musicians on the bill include Cold War Kids, Ani DiFranco, Guster, and more. For information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Rothbury’s official website.
- Mile High Festival: Denver, Colorado (July 18-19). This 2-day festival includes 2-stages at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Acts include The Fray, Incubus, Widespread Panic, and Tool. For more information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Mile High Festival’s official website.
- All Points Festival: Jersey City, New Jersey (July 31-August 2). Now 3-days in New Jersey might sound rough, but trust me with this collection of musical acts, it is well worth the visit to the garden state. Performances include Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Beastie Boys, Tool, and more. For more information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out All Points Festival’s official website.
- Lollapalooza: Chicago, Illinois (August 7-9). One of the originators in music festivals returns to Chicago’s Grant Park with an amazing collection of musical acts. Headliners include The Killers, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon, Jane’s Addiction, and Snoop Dogg. For more information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Lollapalooza’s official website.
- Bumbershoot: Seattle, Washington (September 5-7). For nearly 40 years this music & arts festival has rocked the Pacific Northwest. This year’s acts include Sheryl Crow, Modest Mouse, Katy Perry, Michael Franti & De La Soul, and more. For more information on the full lineup and ticket prices, check out Bumbershoot’s official website.